Responding to access requests
Clients can send professional access requests to family law practitioners from their accounts. The process of responding to these requests is first determined by whether or not they send the request to the email address associated with your practitioner account.
If they used the email address on file, the professional access request will automatically populate in My Cases in your OFW practitioner account.
If your client used an email address different than the one on file or if you do not yet have an OFW practitioner account, you'll need to use the email from OFW alerting you to the access request.
- If you already have an OFW practitioner account, locate the access request email and click on the link within. You will be prompted to sign into your account, and after you do so, you will find the access request within My Cases.
- If you do not already have an OFW practitioner account, you will first need to create your account. Once created, click on the link within the access request email, sign into your new account, and find the access request within My Cases.
- Approve the request to gain access to the client
- Refuse the request to not gain access to the client
- Block the request to inactivate it and block any future requests from this client