OurFamilyWizard believes your privacy is of the utmost importance.
The OurFamilyWizard website (“Site”) and mobile application (“App”) (together, “Platforms”) are designed to facilitate the management of a family’s life through features including (without limitation) Calendaring and the management of information such as Contact Information, Babysitters, Child Care Providers, Doctors, Activities, Emergency Contacts, Religious Information, Health Details, Immunisations, School Information, Vital Statistics and Financial Information. The processing of personal data including sensitive personal data, each as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), is therefore essential for use of the services and features offered through the Platforms (although not all classifications may not be relevant to you, depending on the services and features you choose to use, or the type of user you are).
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Avirat, Ltd., of c/o New Penderel House 4th Floor, 283-288 High Holburn, London, WC1V 7HP.
We collect information (including personal data) from you when you register on the Platforms, download the App, and subscribe for, purchase and use the services and features on the Platforms. The lists below are examples of the types of information we collect from you and not an exhaustive description.
From parent subscribers, the information may include your name, username and password, email address, postal address, your partner, spouse, ex-partner or ex-spouse name and email address, your children, family and emergency contacts, your children’s babysitters and child-care providers, doctors and health care professionals, school, education and teachers, legal advisors and mediators. It may include financial and transaction information (including debit/credit card details), insurance details and information regarding legal proceedings you are involved in. It may also include health information and conditions, immunisations, religion, ethnicity and vital statistics, all in relation to your children.
From those who are permitted limited access to and use of the Services linked to a parent account such as grandparents or childcare providers (but excluding the parent’s children, whose information is provided by one of their parents), the information may include their names, email address, usernames and passwords.
From professional subscribers, the information may include names, email address, postal address, and username and password. It may also include names, details and contact information for your clients, their families and other contacts, or other information about them, as listed in the previous paragraph which you have been given to create a parent account with. It may also include financial and transaction information (including debit/credit card details).
We also collect information from you when you enter surveys, promotions or competitions, and when you correspond with us or report a problem with the Platforms.
We collect information about you and your computer or device when you visit the Site, install, uninstall or use the App, or move around the Platforms. For example, this may include:
- technical information, including your computer’s or device’s Internet protocol (IP) address or unique identifier, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your login information, your time zone setting, and your mobile network information;
- information about your use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from a page;
- details of your use of any of the Platforms or your visits to any of the Site including, but not limited to, services or features you used, viewed or searched for, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- your current location using GPS technology (when you provide permission on your mobile device).
We may combine this information with any personal data we hold about you and will treat it as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We may also receive information about you from other sources including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
Sensitive Personal Data
Use of Your Information
We use the information you give to us:
- to provide you with the services and features that you have registered for or purchased from us;
- to provide you with information about services and features we offer that are similar to those that you have already registered for or purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing subscriber, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new subscriber, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content on the Platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
We will use information we collect about you:
- to administer the Platforms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Platforms to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Platforms safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Platforms about services or features that may interest you or them.
We may combine the information we receive from other sources with the other information we collect from or about you and use it for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Sharing and Disclosure
We will not sell or rent your information to anyone. We may share or disclose information in the following circumstances to the extent necessary:
- we have to comply with court orders or are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to provide the services or features you have subscribed for or purchased from us;
- we need to send the information to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who work on the Platforms to provide a service or feature to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary or in conformance with your request;
- we have your consent to do so; or
- to protect our rights, property or safety of that of our subscribers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose personal information to third parties in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose it to the prospective buyer of such business or assets, or if our holding company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held about our subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may share your information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Platforms.
EU Resident Rights under the GDPR
These disclosures apply only to our processing of Personal Information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) from one or more of the European Union Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway (together known as the “European Economic Area” or “EEA”).
The GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018. As a resident of the EU or EEA, you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal data, including:
- Access. You have the right to know if we are processing personal data about you and, if so, to access and obtain a copy of personal data about you, as well as information relating to the processing of that data.
- Correction. You have the right to have us promptly correct or update any personal data about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure. You have the right to request deletion or erasure of your personal data in a number of circumstances as required by law, including when no longer need the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, you have withdrawn consent or, when we are relying on legitimate interests as a legal basis, and your rights override our legitimate interests.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and to have it transmitted to another controller. This right only occurs where we are relying on your consent or performance of a contract as our legal basis and the processing is carried out automatically.
- Restriction of Processing. You have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we process your personal data when you contest the accuracy of the personal data, when your data has been obtained by us unlawfully, when you have objected to our processing of the data and we are considering whether to cease processing, or when we no longer need to process the personal data.
- Withdrawal of Consent. When we rely on consent as the basis for processing personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- Objection. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data when we are relying on legitimate interests as our legal basis and your rights override our legitimate interests in processing their personal data. You also have the right to object to our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Complaint. You have the right to make a complaint about our personal data handling practices to your local Supervisory Authority.
The data that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in particular (without limitation) the United States. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of our contractual obligations, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing.
We may collect and store personal data on any device you use, using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platforms; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account information is password protected for your privacy and security. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages or by e-mailing you.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have suggestions, complete a feedback form, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 30 April 2023